Great with so many dishes.
- 1 tblsp rapeseed oil
- Knob of butter
- 2 leeks, trimmed and finely chopped (about 150g (5oz) in total)
- 175ml (6fl oz) cream
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Heat a pan over a medium heat and add the oil and butter. Tip in the leeks and sauté for 2-3 minutes, until softened. Pour in the cream and cook for another 4-5 minutes, until the cream has reduced and the leeks are completely softened. Season to taste and use as required.
- Cook Ahead: This can be made up to 12 hours in advance, then cooled and kept covered with clingfilm in a bowl in the fridge until needed. Place in a pan and reheat gently, stirring occasionally.
More by Neven Maguire:
- Hotcakes with Mango, Banana Sauté: Neven Maguire
- Creme Pots with Seasonal Berries: Neven Maguire
- Crispy Salmon, Pomegranate, Couscous: Neven