Give your dishes that little bit more.
- 350g (12oz) fresh basil leaves
- 250g (9oz) spinach leaves, tough stalks removed
- 200ml (7fl oz) rapeseed oil
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Blanch the basil and spinach for 2-3 minutes in a pan of boiling water. Strain out the water, reserving 300ml (½ pint).
- Place the basil and spinach in a Thermomix or blender. Take the reserved water that was used for blanching and the oil and gradually add them to the blending basil and spinach.
- Blend for 30 seconds, until smooth, and season to taste. Place in a squeezy bottle and use as required.
- Cook Ahead: This can be kept for up to 1 week in the fridge.
More by Neven Maguire:
- Caramelised Pork Belly, Neven Maguire, Today show
- Moroccan Lamb Tagine: Alternative Easter dinner
- Fragrant Pork, Thai Red Curry: Neven Maguire