A great taste.
- 1 tblsp rapeseed oil
- 1 red pepper, roasted, cored and diced
- 1 small garlic clove, crushed
- 1 tsp tomato purée
- pinch of smoked paprika
- 150ml (¼ pint) vegetable stock
- 150ml (¼ pint) milk
- 1 tblsp chopped fresh basil
- sea salt and freshly ground white pepper
- 1 tblsp soya lecithin
- Place the rapeseed oil in a pan and add the red pepper, garlic, tomato purée, paprika, stock and milk. Bring to the boil, then add the basil and season to taste. Blend to a purée with a hand blender, then pass through a sieve into a clean pan.
- Add the soya lecithin and hand blend to achieve a foam by bringing the head of the blender from the very bottom of the pan to the top of the liquid. Use immediately.
- Cook Ahead: This can be made in advance up to the stage where it is passed through a sieve. Store in the fridge covered in clingfilm for up to 2 days, then reheat in a pan and add the soya lecithin at the last minute just before frothing.
More by Neven Maguire:
- Caramelised Pork Belly, Neven Maguire, Today show
- Moroccan Lamb Tagine: Alternative Easter dinner
- Fragrant Pork, Thai Red Curry: Neven Maguire