Goes with so many great dishes.
- 1 tblsp rapeseed oil
- 25g (1oz) butter
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 550g (1lb 4oz) Portobello mushrooms, diced
- 2 tblsp Madeira
- 1 tsp chopped fresh thyme
- 100ml (3½fl oz) cream
- Heat the oil and 1 teaspoon of the butter in a frying pan over a medium heat. Add the onion and garlic and sauté for a couple of minutes, until softened.
- Tip in the mushrooms, Madeira and thyme and simmer for 15-20 minutes, until the mushrooms are completely softened and almost mushy.
- Pour the cream into the pan and stir to combine, then allow to reduce down for a couple of minutes.
- Place the mixture into a Thermomix or blender with the rest of the butter and blitz for 5-7 minutes. Use as required.
More by Neven Maguire:
- Root Vegetable, Chicken, Orzo Broth: Neven Maguire
- Smoked Haddock Hash, Poached Eggs: Neven Maguire
- Butter Bean & Bacon Soup: Neven Maguire