Perfect for bad weather.
- 2 pkts Fresh Meadow organic beef steak mince
- 4 organic potatoes, washed well
- 4 organic onions, peeled and sliced
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 4 tblsp Primadonna extra virgin olive oil
- 2 large tbsp of Dairy Manor butter
- Fresh or dried herbs (thyme, sage or rosemary)
- 1 Cusina beef stock cube
- 1 tin of Nostia chopped tomatoes
- 3 tblsp Batts tomato & chilli chutney
- Salt and pepper
- Cook your onions and garlic slowly in the olive oil for 15 minutes. When they are soft and melting turn up the heat to caramelise them a little. Add your beef and cook for a further 5 minutes to get a little colour on it then add the tomatoes, stock cube and chutney, simmer for 10-15 minutes until it starts to thicken.
- Heat your oven to 180C. Slice the potatoes as thinly and evenly as possible (how thick they are will affect the cooking time ideally they should be as thick as a 50c coin).
- Season the meat and place into a large shallow casserole dish. Carefully layer the potatoes on top overlapping them closely as you go. Melt the butter with the herbs then brush on to the potatoes and cook for 50 minutes until they are golden and crunchy.
Paul Flynn for Lidl
More by Paul Flynn:
- Today:Paul Flynn's Pork chops with bacon & cabbage
- Today: Paul Flynn's Lunchbox Ideas for Kids
- Today: Paul Flynn's Lamb Gigot Chops