For that bit of wow.
- 140g caster sugar
- 50g honey
- 50g glucose
- 2 tblsp water
- 8g bread soda
- In a medium-sized, thick-bottomed saucepan add all the ingredients except the bread soda. Mixing with a wooden spoon, bring to caramel stage (160 degrees approximately).
- Then, using a whisk, whisk in the bread soda off the heat. The reaction will be fast and explosive so whisk fast until the soda is dispersed then take off the heat onto a large piece of silicone paper. Allow to cool completely then break into pieces and store in a plastic container that is sealed tight.
More by Neven Maguire:
- Neven's Flourless Orange and Almond Cake
- Today: Neven's Chicken Risotto for Weaning
- Neven's Food Trails: Buffalo Chicken Wings