For your steak - or bread!
- 1 tsp sunflower oil
- 3 shallots, very finely chopped
- 100g (4oz) butter, softened
- 1 tblsp black peppercorns, coarsely crushed
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- ¼ tsp sea salt flakes
- Heat the oil in a small pan over a medium heat, then add the shallots and gently fry for 6-8 minutes, until golden brown. Leave to cool, then beat into the butter with the peppercorns, mustard and salt.
- Scrape out onto a square of parchment paper and roll into a cylinder 2.5cm (1in) thick, twisting the ends to secure. Chill for at least 2 hours to harden. Use as required.
More by Neven Maguire:
- Root Vegetable, Chicken, Orzo Broth: Neven Maguire
- Smoked Haddock Hash, Poached Eggs: Neven Maguire
- Butter Bean & Bacon Soup: Neven Maguire