A delight for one.
- ½ tsp Tandoori spice
- 185g monkfish fillet
- 1 clove of garlic sliced
- ¼ onion, diced
- 1 small red chilli, split
- 20g butter
- 100ml white wine
- 200ml cream
- Pinch of saffron
- 6-8 mussels
- Flat parsley, chopped
- 1 lemon
- Salt and pepper
- 1 tblsp diced Gubbeen chorizo
- Sprinkle the Tandoori spice over the monkfish and lightly oil it.
- Preheat the oven 200C.
- In a heavy-bottomed pan, melt some butter and dash of oil. When it is smoking, add the monkfish. Let the spices caramelise, then put the pan in the oven for about 3-4 minutes. When the fish is firm to the touch when cooked, take out of the oven and let rest.
- For the sauce, take another pan and melt the butter, add the diced onions, garlic and chilli. Soften for a couple of minutes.
- Add the white wine and reduce down by half, then add the cream and saffron.
- Add the mussels and cover with a lid - let them poach in the sauce for 2 minutes.
- Finish with chopped flat parsley, a squeeze of lemon and the diced Gubbeen chorizo.
- Arrange the monkfish, mash and mussel sauce in a bowl.
More by Richy Virahsawmy:
- Today: Richy Virahsawmy's BBQ Ribs & Slaw
- Chocolate Fondant: Richy Virahsawmy, Today show
- Richy's Chicken Roulade Recipe: Today show