Served with Creamy Garlic Mushrooms.
- 2 packs of Deluxe Irish Hereford fillet steaks (each pack contains 2)
- 250g closed cup mushrooms, sliced
- 250ml Morning Fresh double cream
- A knob of Dairy Manor butter
- ½ a small onion, diced finely
- 2 tbsp Lovilio grana padano, grated
- 2 tbsp of chopped parsley
- 2 cloves of chopped garlic
- 2 tbsp Primadonna extra virgin olive oil
- Squeeze of lemon juice
- Kania salt and pepper
- Remove the Irish Hereford fillet steaks from all of the packaging, then press down firmly on the meat with the palm of your hand and season.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil in a frying pan and put the steaks in when the oil is nice and hot. Cook for 4 minutes either side on a medium high heat. Then stand the steaks on their side to colour all round the meat. If the steaks look a little dry along the way, feel free to add a little more oil to the pan. Remove the steaks and keep warm between two plates.
- Give the pan a little wipe with kitchen towel and add the butter, onions and garlic and sweat over a low heat for two minutes. Add the mushrooms, turn up the heat and cook for a minute or so turning once or twice before adding the cream.
- Cook the mushrooms and cream until the cream starts to coat the mushrooms.
- Remove from the heat, then add the grated grana padano, parsley, salt, pepper and lemon juice.
- Serve the steaks onto four warm plates and spoon the sauce over them.
Paul Flynn for Lidl
More by Paul Flynn:
- Pancake Tuesday Countdown: Apple, pecan, ice-cream
- Countdown to Pancake Tuesday: Paul Flynn's P'Cakes
- Chicken, Chorizo, smoked paprika cream: Today Show