- 100g (4oz) butter
- 550g (1lb 4oz) spinach, tough stalks removed
- Pinch of caster sugar
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Heat a pan over a medium heat and add the butter. Once it has stopped foaming, quickly sauté the spinach with the sugar until soft and wilted. Season to taste and drain well on kitchen paper to remove the excess moisture. Return to the pan and keep warm. Use as required.
- Cook Ahead: This can be made up to 24 hours in advance, then cooled and kept on kitchen paper on a plastic tray covered with clingfilm in the fridge until needed. Place in a pan and reheat gently, stirring occasionally.
More by Neven Maguire:
- Caramelised Pork Belly, Neven Maguire, Today show
- Moroccan Lamb Tagine: Alternative Easter dinner
- Fragrant Pork, Thai Red Curry: Neven Maguire