A great accompaniment.
- 225ml (8fl oz) beef stock (see link below)
- 4 tblsp clear honey
- 2 tblsp dark soy sauce
- 2 tblsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 tblsp light brown sugar
- 2 tblsp tomato ketchup
- 2 tsp whole cloves
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Place the stock, honey, soy sauce, vinegar, sugar, ketchup and cloves in a small pan.
- Bring to the boil, then reduce the heat and simmer vigorously for 5 minutes, until the mixture has thickened to a sauce consistency that coats the back of a spoon.
- Season to taste, then pass through a sieve into a clean pan, discarding the cloves.
- Reheat gently and use as required.
- Cook Ahead: This will keep for up to 1 week in the fridge in a rigid plastic container. It can also be frozen.
More by Neven Maguire:
- Caramelised Pork Belly, Neven Maguire, Today show
- Moroccan Lamb Tagine: Alternative Easter dinner
- Fragrant Pork, Thai Red Curry: Neven Maguire