When you want to indulge!
- 4 Inisvale beef quarter pounders
- 4 Connell Bakery premium white rolls
- 2 tblsp Morning Fresh sour cream
- A handful of washed spinach
- 4 Manor Vale cheddar cheese slices
- For the Jam:
- 4 red onions, peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 100g Fairglobe Fairtrade brown sugar
- 2 tblsp red wine
- 2 tblsp Acentino red wine vinegar
- 1 large knob Dairy Manor butter
- Salt and pepper
- Cook the onions and garlic slowly in the butter for 10 minutes.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and cook slowly for a further 15 minutes until it is thick and syrupy. (This will keep in the fridge for up to 2 weeks.)
- Grill the burgers for 10-12 minutes.
- Lightly toast the buns. Place the burgers on the buns, top with the cheese, onion marmalade and sour cream, and a few leaves of spinach.
Paul Flynn for Lidl
More by Paul Flynn:
- Lunch all Wrapped Up: Fresh Mackerel Wraps
- Pan Fried Monkfish, Creamy Brandade: Today show
- Paul Flynn's Seafood Chowder