Go on, make your own! It's easy!
- 175g (6oz) semi sundried tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 8 large, fresh basil leaves
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- 200ml (7fl oz) olive or rapeseed oil
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Place the semi sundried tomatoes in a food processor or blender with the basil leaves and garlic and pulse to finely chop.
- Switch the machine back on and slowly pour in the oil through the feeder tube until the pesto has emulsified.
- Transfer to a bowl with a spatula and season to taste.
- Cook Ahead: This can be made up to 3-4 days in advance and kept covered with clingfilm in the fridge.
More by Neven Maguire:
- Today: Neven Maguire's Snacks for Toddlers
- Neven's Flourless Orange and Almond Cake
- Today: Neven's Chicken Risotto for Weaning