For that extra bit of wow.
- Flavouring (see variations below for quantities)
- 300ml (1/2 pint) milk
- 1 tsp soya lecithin granules
- Sea salt and freshly ground white pepper
- Place the flavouring variation in a pan with the milk and cook gently for 10-15 minutes, until the garlic has softened and is completely tender (if making the garlic variation).
- Blitz with a hand blender and pass through a fine sieve into a clean pan. Keep warm.
- Add the soya lecithin granules to the pan, whisking until smooth. Season to taste and bring to the boil, then blitz with a hand blender to create a foam by bringing the head of the blender from the very bottom of the pan to the top of the liquid. Use immediately.
- Variations: Mushroom - Add 100g (4oz) of mushroom purée to the milk.
- Smoked Garlic or Garlic - Add 4 peeled smoked garlic cloves or regular garlic cloves to the milk. Add 1 tablespoon freshly grated Parmesan before blitzing with a hand blender.
- Parmesan - Add 50g (2oz) freshly grated aged Parmesan to the pan before blitzing with a hand blender.
- Smoked Bacon or Bacon - Add 50g (2oz) diced rindless smoked or regular bacon to the milk.
More by Neven Maguire:
- Today: Neven Maguire's Snacks for Toddlers
- Neven's Flourless Orange and Almond Cake
- Today: Neven's Chicken Risotto for Weaning