The peeling is worth it!
- 550g (1lb 4oz) celeriac, peeled and cut into chunks
- 200ml (7fl oz) cream
- 200ml (7fl oz) vegetable stock
- 20g (3/4oz) butter
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Place the celeriac in a pan with the cream and stock. Bring to the boil, then reduce the heat and simmer for 20-25 minutes, until the celeriac is completely soft.
- Once the celeriac is cooked, place the mixture into a Thermomix or blender and blitz until smooth. Add the butter and blitz again for 5-7 minutes. Season to taste and use as required.
- Variations: Sweet Potato Purée (makes 550g/1lb 4oz) - Replace the celeriac with sweet potatoes.
- Carrot Purée (makes 550g 1lb 4oz) - Replace the celeriac with 575g (1lb 5oz) of carrots.
More by Neven Maguire:
- Today: Neven Maguire's Snacks for Toddlers
- Neven's Flourless Orange and Almond Cake
- Today: Neven's Chicken Risotto for Weaning