Rachel Allen's Ballymaloe cheese fondue as seen on the Today Show.
- 2 tblsp dry white wine
- 1 large or 2 small cloves of garlic , crushed
- 2 tsp tomato chutney
- 2 tsp chopped parsley
- 175g / 6oz mature cheddar cheese , grated
- Crusty white bread , cut into chunks approx 2 cm , toasted in the oven
- Place the wine, garlic , chutney and parsley in a fondue pot or small saucepan , stir , then add the grated cheese .(it can be prepared ahead up to this point)
- Just before serving , put over a low heat until the cheese melts and begins to bubble , do not stir it too much while it is cooking otherwise the mixture may split .
- Serve the fondue immediately with the toasted bread .
More by Rachel Allen:
- Fennel, pink grapefruit, feta salad: Rachel Allen
- Fennel, pink grapefruit and feta salad
- Chocolate Pear Tart: Rachel Allen Coastal Cooking