A delicious lemon tart from Kevin Dundon.
- 210 g flour
- 85g icing sugar
- 1 eggs
- 125 g butter
- 25 g ground almonds
- 200 g lemon juice
- 5 whole eggs
- 250 g caster sugar
- 350 g butter (preferably unsalted)
- 1 leaf gelatine
- In a bowl cream together the butter and icing sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add in the ground almonds, the egg and flour and bring the mixture together.
- Wrap in cling film and allow resting for 10min.
- Roll out the sweet pastry on a lightly floured surface. Place in a pregreased pastry case and trim with the back of a small knife.
- Let the pastry rest in the case in the fridge for 15 minutes to prevent shrinkage during cooking. Encase some beans or lentils in some parchment paper or a triple layer of cling film and place in the pastry case. Blind bake in a preheated oven at 170C for 15 minutes. Take the beans out of the shell, and bake for a further 10 minutes, remove from the oven and allow to cool.
- Meanwhile, place the gelatine to soak in a bowl of cold water. Pour the lemon juice into a saucepan and add the eggs and sugar. Whisk over a gentle heat for approximately 5 minutes without allowing the liquid to boil. Remove from the heat and add the gelatine (squeeze to remove any excess water). Add the butter and stir until well combined.
- Pour over the baked pastry and set aside until needed.
- Sift some icing sugar over the surface of the tart and place under a preheated grill, or alternative use a blow torch to caramelise the icing sugar.
- Serve immediately.