A delicious dish from Catherine Fulvio on the Today Show.
- 100 g smoked salmon or smoked trout, torn into strips
- 150 g watercress
- 0.5 cucumber, cut into ribbons
- 0.5 mango, thinly sliced
- for the dressing:
- 4 tblsp extra virgin olive oil / rapeseed oil
- zest of
- 2 tblsp lemon juice
- 2 tsp wholegrain mustard
- 1 tsp runny honey
- salt and pepper to taste
- crusty breads, to serve
- Using a vegetable peeler, cut slices of the lemon and then cut again into narrow strips. Cook for a couple of minutes in boiling water. Remove and allow to cool.
- In a small bowl whisk together the dressing ingredients. Check for seasoning and add salt & pepper as desired.
- Place the mango, lemon strips, cucumber and watercress in a separate bowl.
- Drizzle the dressing over the salad and toss gently.
- Plate the salad and arrange the smoked salmon on top.
- Finish with cracked black pepper and serve with crusty bread.
More by Catherine Fulvio:
- Margherita Pizza, Parma Ham & Rocket: Fulvio
- A Day with Catherine Fulvio
- Pavlova: Summer Strawberries, Basil Drizzle