A delicious dish from the no-salt chef, Brian McDermott.
- 4 boneless chicken breasts
- 50 g plain flour
- 4 tblsp oil
- 1 red pepper
- 1 red chili pepper
- 1 red onion
- 2 cloves garlic crushed
- 1 tblsp tomato puree
- 20 g medium curry powder
- 400 ml coconut milk (1 tin)
- 100 ml chicken stock
- 50ml crème fraiche
- fresh coriander leaves
- Dice the red pepper, red onion, chilli and set aside.
- Cut chicken into mouth size pieces and toss in the flour.
- Heat pan really well then add oil followed by the chicken and seal chicken well on all side. Add curry powder and allow powder to work into the chicken for few minutes then add the chopped onion, pepper, chilli pepper and garlic and cook until vegetables are soft then add coconut milk and chicken stock.
- Cook for approx 8 minutes on low simmering heat and sauce will thicken during this process then add Crème Fraiche for a smooth consistency.
- Serve with Basmati Rice and sprinkle with fresh coriander.
More by Brian McDermott:
- Poached Hake and Veggie Broth with Vibrant Salsa
- Winter Beef and Stout Hot Pot with Black Pudding
- Healthy, Hearty Chicken Casserole