A tasty dish from Neven Maguire on the Today Show.
- 275g (10oz) fine egg noodles
- 1 tblsp sunflower oil
- 1 large red pepper, halved, seeded and thinly sliced
- 225 g (8oz) fine green beans, trimmed and halved
- 175 g (6oz) baby corn, halved lengthways
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 400 g (14oz) can coconut milk
- 350 g (12oz) leftover cooked turkey meat, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 100 g (4oz) crunchy peanut butter
- 2 tblsp dark soy sauce
- 2 tblsp sweet chilli sauce
- 1 tsp light muscovado sugar
- juice of ½ lime
- 50 g (2oz) cashew nuts, toasted and finely chopped handful fresh coriander leaves, to garnish
- Place the fine egg noodles in a pan of boiling water and cook for 3–4 minutes, until tender, or
- according to the packet instructions.
- Heat a wok until very hot. Add the oil and swirl it around the edges, then tip in the red pepper,
- green beans, baby corn and garlic and stir-fry for 3–4 minutes, until the vegetables are tender,
- sprinkling over 1 tablespoon of water if the mixture is getting too dry.
- Drain the noodles and add to the wok with the coconut milk, turkey, peanut butter, soy sauce,
- chilli sauce, sugar and lime juice. Stir-fry for another 2–3 minutes, until all the ingredients are
- piping hot.
- To serve, divide among warmed serving bowls and scatter over the cashew nuts and coriander.
This recipe is great to use up any leftover turkey from Christmas Day. It packs a powerful flavour punch and is just the ticket after the excesses of the festive season. Stir-frying is a traditional Chinese cooking technique that’s very easy to master. To check if the vegetables are cooked, pierce them with the tip of a knife – they should feel as soft as butter.
More by Neven Maguire:
- The Today Show: Neven Maguire's Vietnamese Chicken Salad
- Vanilla Ice Cream: Neven Maguire style
- Caramelised Pork Belly, Neven Maguire, Today show