A delicious stuffing that can be frozen and stored until Christmas Eve.
- 75 g butter
- 1 onion, coarsely chopped
- 225 g fresh white breadcrumbs
- 225 g pre-soaked dried apricots, cut into small pieces
- 225 g chestnuts, roughly chopped
- 1 medium egg
- large bunch of parsley, chopped
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees Celsius, gas mark 6. Melt the butter in a saucepan, add the onion and sweat until soft but not coloured. Add enough breadcrumbs to get a moist consistency, then fold in the chopped apricots and chestnuts.
- Beat the egg to bind the mixture before adding the parsley and a pinch of salt and pepper. Turn into a buttered, shallow oven-proof dish and bake for 25-30 minutes until crisp and hot right through.