The sausage meat gives the stuffing an extra kick of flavour.
- 75 g (3oz) butter
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 tsp chopped fresh mixed herbs (rosemary, sage and thyme)
- 50 g (2oz) pine nuts, toasted
- 175 g (6oz) fresh white breadcrumbs
- 225 g (8oz) pork sausagemeat
- maldon sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 190C (375F), Gas mark 5. Heat a frying pan and add the butter. Add the onion and herbs and cook for a few minutes until softened but not coloured. Add the toasted pine nuts and then stir in breadcrumbs, mixing well to combine. Season to taste. Wrap the stuffing in buttered tin foil and shape into a large sausage shape. This can be cooked in oven underneath the turkey for about 40 minutes or until cooked through and tender.