- 275g (10oz) Progress oatlets (Flahavan's)
- 100g (4oz) plain flour, plus a little extra for dusting
- 150g (5oz) caster sugar
- ½ tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 225g (8oz) butter, at room temperature
- Blend the oatlets in a food processor until quite fine. Add the flour, caster sugar, bicarbonate of soda and butter and blend again until the dough just comes together.
- Divide the dough into three pieces and roll each one into a long sausage shape that is 15cm (6in) long and 4cm (1½in) wide. Wrap in clingfilm and chill in the fridge for 1 hour to firm up.
- Preheat oven to 200C (400F), Gas mark 6. Using a sharp knife, trim the ends from each cookie roll and cut each one into about 12 cookies, so each one should be about 1cm (½in) thick.
- Arrange the oatmeal biscuits, well spaced apart, on parchment lined baking sheets. Bake for about 15-20 minutes until a pale golden colour and slightly firm.
- Remove from the oven and leave to cool for a minute, then transfer to a wire rack and leave to cool completely.
- To serve, put into Kilner jars or arrange on a plate.
- Cook Ahead: The biscuit rolls keep well in the fridge for up to 1 week or can be frozen and defrosted at room temperature before using. They keep well in an airtight container for up to 1 week.