The perfect gift this Christmas is an edible gift! Try these Decorative Shortbread Biscuits out for size.
- 275 g odlums cream plain flour
- 125 g margarine (at room temperature)
- 125 g shamrock golden caster sugar
- 1 egg (beaten)
- few drops vanilla essence
- silver balls
- Preheat oven to 190C/375F/Gas 5. Lightly grease flat baking trays.
- Put margarine into a bowl and beat. Add sugar and beat until light and fluffy.
- Gradually beat in the beaten egg and vanilla essence. Add the flour and draw mixture together into a ball with your hands.
- Lightly flour a work surface and roll out the dough until it is the thickness of a coin. Use cutters to make shapes (stars, hearts, Christmas trees etc.) and make holes for ribbon with a skewer or cocktail stick. Lift onto baking trays. Press silver balls onto dough.
- Bake biscuits for about 8 minutes until just pale in colour. Leave to harden for a few minutes, then transfer to a wire tray to cool
- Add ribbons and any other decoration as liked!