Make life easy for yourself with this super-quick mince pies recipe.
- 225 g odlums cream plain flour
- 125 g shamrock golden caster sugar
- 100 g packet shamrock ground almonds
- 125 g margarine (at room temperature)
- 1 egg (beaten)
- a little water, if necessary
- 450 g jar mincemeat
- Preheat oven to 200C/400F/Gas 6. Lightly grease bun tins.
- Put flour, sugar and ground almonds into a mixing bowl and mix well together.
- Rub margarine through the dry ingredients. Add the egg and water if required and mix to a soft dough.
- Turn onto a lightly floured board and gently knead.
- Roll pastry on floured board and cut rounds with a cutter to fit greased bun tins. Put a teaspoon of mincemeat into each and cut a ‘lid’ in the shape of stars, trees or hearts etc. from remaining pastry to put on top.
- Bake for about 15 mins or until golden brown.
- To serve, dust with icing sugar.