Butterbean, squash & sundried tomato burger
Crispy on the outside, firm but soft in the middle, these would hold up quite well even on the barbecue!
- 200 g uncooked weight wholegrain couscous/quinoa
- 1 medium butternut squash peeled and diced in to bitesize pieces
- 2 tblsp olive oil
- 2 tblsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 small red onions finely sliced
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp cumin
- 0.50 tsp sea salt
- 0.50 tsp black pepper
- 1 tin of butter beans drained and well rinse
- 6 sundried tomatoes – cover with boiling water for 15 minutes (from a bag not packed in oil)
- zest of 1 lemon
- handful of fresh parsley finely chopped
- 7 sprigs of thyme – leaves only!
- Preheat oven to 180C (350F).
- Place butternut squash on a roasting tray, drizzle with 1 tbsp of olive oil and toss to coat. Roast for 25- 30 minutes until soft and starting to brown.
- Meanwhile cover couscous with water (according to packet instructions) and set to one side/cook the quinoa (1 part grain to 1.5 part water, bring to boil & simmer off remaining water.
- Place onion and garlic on another baking tray, cover with 1 tbsp olive oil and 2 tbsp of balsamic and roast for 15 minutes.
- Set ? of the cooked couscous to one side.
- Mix together all ingredients in a large bowl, along with butternut squash and cooked red onion.
- Blend with a hand blender until well combined; it’s ok if some lumps remain.
- Stir through reserved couscous. Form 4- 6 patties and place on a non stick baking tray.
- Bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes – turning once after about 15 minutes.