A delicious red curry from Kevin Dundon, as seen on the Today Show.
- 1 tblsp rapeseed/ sunflower oil
- 1 tblsp thai red curry paste
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 1 green pepper, cut into thin slices
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 300 ml coconut milk
- 0.5 inch ginger, grated or finely chopped
- 50 ml fish sauce
- 2 kafir lime leaves (optional)
- 500 g skinless salmon fillets cut into 3 cm cubes
- 100g green beans, thinly sliced
- small bunch coriander
- 0.5 lime, juice
- 400 g jasmine or basmati rice
- seasoning if required
- Drizzle some oil in a large pan over a moderate heat, then add the curry paste. Stir in the red onion, pepper, garlic, and then cook gently for about 2 minutes until softened. Pour in the coconut milk, ginger, fish sauce, and kaffir leaves. Bring to the boil. Reduce to a simmer, then add the salmon chunks and green beans.
- Leave to gently simmer for 5 mins until the fish flakes easily and the green beans are tender. Tear some fresh coriander and add a squeeze of lime to the dish before serving.
- Cook the rice as per pack instructions and serve on the side or if you’d prefer try with some naan bread.
Kevin says, "If you like your curry hot, add some birds eye chillies to the sauce."
More by Kevin Dundon:
- Salmon Fillet, Chili Pesto: Today, Kevin Dundon
- Indulgent Eggnog: What it is & how to make it!
- Kevin Dundon's Christmas Turkey: Today Show