A delicious dish from Paul Flynn and Lidl.
- 2 pkts of deluxe crab meat (200g)
- 1 pkt deluxe risotto carnaroli with truffle (330g)
- 1 large knob of dairymanor butter (80g)
- i leek, cut in half lengthways, wash and thinly slices (260g)
- chunk of freshly grated deluxe parmesan (50g)
- 1 glass of white wine (150mls)
- 700 ml cuisina chicken stock, 1 cube will do
- squeeze of lemon
- a little primadonna olive oil
- salt and pepper
- Start by sweating your leek in 2/3 of the butter over a low heat, with the lid on the pot. After 4-5 minutes add your rice and give it a thorough stir.
- Next add the wine then turn up the heat, when the wine is absorbed add 2/3 of the stock and bring to a gentle simmer. Cook for 10 minutes left alone until the stock is nearly absorbed then start to add the remaining stock little by little.
- Cook for 7-8 minutes, the rice should have a tiny bit of bite to it. When you're sure it's ready, remove from the heat and whip in the remaining butter, crab and most of the parmesan.
- Season, add a squeeze of lemon and divide onto warm plates. Scatter the remaining parmesan followed by a little drizzle of olive oil and serve straight away.
Calories approx. 578kcal
More by Paul Flynn:
- Pan Fried Monkfish, Creamy Brandade: Today show
- Bacon, onion, potato and sour cream tart/pizza
- Paul Flynn's Seafood Chowder