Chef Brian McDermott shares his tips for the perfect steak on the Today Show.
- 4 steaks sirloin, rump or rib eye
- 40 ml brandy
- 0.5 chopped onion
- 4 mushrooms
- 150 ml crème fraiche or cream
- drop worchester sauce
- 12 green peppercorns or cracked black pepper
- 1 clove garlic chopped
- freshly ground pepper to season steak
- 100 ml beef stock
- drizzle rapeseed oil
- Allow Steak to sit at room tempreture.
- Pre heat frying pan. Drizzle pan with oil and place steaks in pan. Do not agitate steaks leave for approx 3 mins then turn. Season with ground black pepper. Cook for further 2 minutes.
- Transfer steaks to hot tray and finish in over if required between Med – Well Done. If you require Med – Rare just let steak rest.
- In same pan as steak was in add choped onion, garlic and mushroom followed by peppercorns. Cook for few minutes then add brandy and flambe.
- Straight away add beef stock and crème fraiche or cream. Reduce heat and allow to reduce until suace thickens . Add drop of worchester sauce.
- Serve sauce beside steak not over it!
More by Brian McDermott:
- Poached Hake and Veggie Broth with Vibrant Salsa
- Winter Beef and Stout Hot Pot with Black Pudding
- Healthy, Hearty Chicken Casserole