- 2 tblsp olive oil
- 1 clove of garlic, peeled and sliced
- 300 g (11oz) chicken livers, any membrane removed
- 1–2 tbsp chopped parsley
- 75 ml (3fl oz) dry sherry, such as fino or manzanilla
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Pour the olive oil into a frying pan and place on a medium heat. When hot add the garlic and the chicken livers, season with salt and pepper and cook the livers for 2–3 minutes on each side or until they’re browned on the outside but still a little pink in the middle.
- Add the sherry, increase the heat and allow to bubble for 1–2 minutes, then remove from the heat and stir in the parsley. Serve immediately with some crusty bread to mop up all the juices.