- Sea salt
- 300g spaghetti or linguine
- 3 tblsp olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 tsp dried chilli flakes
- 2 x 400g tins of chopped tomatoes
- 75ml white wine
- 150g cooked white crab meat
- 3 tblsp single cream
- Grated zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 1 heaped tbsp capers, drained and rinsed
- Good handful of flat-leaf parsley, chopped, to garnish
- Extra virgin olive oil, to drizzle
- Bring a large pot of water to the boil over a high heat. Season with salt and pop in the pasta. Cook as instructed on the packet until al dente and then drain.
- While the pasta is cooking, heat the oil in a non-stick frying pan over a medium heat. Add the garlic and chilli flakes and fry for about 2 minutes, then add the tomatoes and wine and bring to a steady simmer.
- Cook for 10 minutes and then stir through the crab meat, cream, lemon zest and juice and capers. Allow the sauce to bubble away for 2–3 minutes and then tumble in the pasta.
- Mix through until the pasta is coated and serve in generous mounds on warmed plates, garnishing with the parsley and a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil.