A great combination of flavours.
- 4 deluxe duck breast fillets (700g)
- 1 pkt of cooked beetroot (500g)
- 1 pkt of curly kale, picked and washed
- 100ml rosso vinegar
- 1 tblsp tate & lyle sugar
- a good pinch of kania ground cinnamon
- 1 tub of milbona creme fraiche (200g)
- 1 lg tsp batts horseradish sauce
- salt and pepper
- a little primadonna olive oil
- Start by draining the juice from the beetroot into a pan, add the vinegar, sugar and cinnamon. Bring to the boil and reduce to a syrupy consistency.
- Meanwhile cut your beetroot into large chunks and fold into the syrup, season using lots of black pepper and set aside.
- Set your oven to 180°c, trim any excess fat from the duck along with the sinew on the flesh side. Drizzle a little oil on a roasting tray, season the duck, place on the tray skin side up and cook for 10 minutes. At this point turn the duck over and cook for a further 8 minutes. This will give you a lovely pink duck.
- In another pot mix the creme fraiche, horseradish sauce and salt and pepper together.
- Meanwhile bring a pot of salted water up to the boil and cook the kale for 4-5 minutes. Drain and squeeze the kale before adding it to the warmed creme fraiche. Heat the beetroot and slice the duck leaving it to rest on some kitchen towel for a minute or so.
- Divide the kale between 4 warm plates then add the beetroot followed by the duck. Delicious with some little roast potatoes.
Paul Flynn for Lidl
More by Paul Flynn:
- Lunch all Wrapped Up: Fresh Mackerel Wraps
- Pan Fried Monkfish, Creamy Brandade: Today show
- Bacon, onion, potato and sour cream tart/pizza