An easy to make dish, perfect for lunch or a quick supper
- 400 g spinach, thick stalks trimmed
- 25 g butter, softened
- salt and black pepper
- 100 g goats’ cheese
- 4 tblsp cream
- 4 eggs
- Preheat the oven to 190oC/375oF/gas mark 5.
- Put the spinach into a large saucepan, cover with a lid and cook for about
- 2–3 minutes until the spinach is wilted.
- Drain the spinach well, pressing out all excess water, then return it to the pan with about a quarter of the butter, stirring until the spinach is glistening.
- Butter 4 ramekins and then sprinkle some salt and black pepper into them.
- Divide the spinach between the ramekins and then add the goats’ cheese and cream.
- Break an egg into each, top with a slice of butter. Bake for 10–15 minutes, until the eggs are just set. Serve immediately.
Kevin says, "This easy-to-make dish makes the perfect lunch or quick supper. I love the flavour of the lovely organic St. Tola goats’ cheese, but you can use whatever goats’ cheeses are local to you. Some toasted slices of French stick or bread would make a great addition."
More by Kevin Dundon:
- Salmon Fillet, Chili Pesto: Today, Kevin Dundon
- Indulgent Eggnog: What it is & how to make it!
- Kevin Dundon's Christmas Turkey: Today Show