Get in the mood with this Paul Flynn recipe for Lidl.
- 2 packets Lees Ice Cream Nests (16 nests)
- 1 bar of Duc de Coeur Nougat (200g), well-chopped
- 500ml Morning Fresh Whipping Cream
- 8 large ripe plums or 12 small ones
- 2 tblsp Fairglobe Brown Sugar
- 250mls Deluxe Sparkling Apple Juice
- A few fresh bay leaves (optional)
- Line a large pudding bowl with cling film, making sure you leave a decent overhang to cover the cake. It helps if you brush the bowl with a little oil.
- Whip the cream then break the meringue (ice cream nests) into the cream. Add the nougat and fold everything together gently.
- Spoon the mixture into the lined pudding bowl and press down to remove any air pockets. Bring the overhanging cling film over the cake and press down to form a flat top. Put into the freezer until needed.
- For the plums, set your oven to 180°c. Quarter the plums, remove the stones and scatter on a baking tray with the sugar and sparkling apple juice. Bake for 25-30 minutes (this will depend on how big and how ripe the plums are).
- To serve, take the cake out of the freezer 10 minutes before you need it, as it will be easier to remove it from the mould. Turn out onto a platter, scatter the plums around the cake and decorate.
- Note: A pinch of cinnamon over the plums will make them even more festive. If you have any excess plum juice, save it and add a little to a glass of Prosecco for a sensational Christmas drink.
More by Paul Flynn:
- Lunch all Wrapped Up: Fresh Mackerel Wraps
- Pan Fried Monkfish, Creamy Brandade: Today show
- Bacon, onion, potato and sour cream tart/pizza