This wonderful combination creates a luxurious soup that is a great option for a dinner party
- 1 tblsp olive oil
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 2 leeks, trimmed and thinly sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 6 courgettes (zucchini) cut into chunks
- 500 ml vegetable stock
- salt and white pepper
- 50 g blanched almonds
- Heat the oil in large saucepan over a medium heat. Add the onion and leeks and saute gently for 5 minutes. Add the garlic and saute for a further minute.
- Stir the courgettes into the mixture, then reduce the heat, cover with a lid and allow the vegetables to sweat for 5 minutes.
- Pour in the stock, cover the pan with a lid and bring to the boil. Lightly season with salt and white pepper, then reduce the heat and simmer for 15 minutes or until the vegetables are cooked through.
- Add the blanched almonds and continue to simmer for 5 minutes to soften the almonds. Allow the mixture to cool slightly, then blitz to a smooth consistency using a handheld blender or in a food processor (in batches if necessary).
- Check the seasoning and adjust as required. Reheat if necessary and serve immediately.
More by Kevin Dundon:
- Indulgent Chocolate Fondants: Kevin Dundon, Today
- Roasted Lamb Noisette, warmed tomato, pale ale
- Salmon Fillet, Chili Pesto: Today, Kevin Dundon