A beautiful lamb dish from Kevin Dundon's Modern Irish Kitchen
- 1 rack of lamb (with 10–12 bones)
- for the marinade
- 2 tblsp hoisin sauce
- 2 tsp grated fresh root ginger
- 2 tsp crushed peppercorns
- 2 tsp crushed garlic
- 1 tsp sesame seeds
- 1 tsp five spice
- Place all the marinade ingredients into a food processor and blitz until the mixture has a coarse consistency. Spread the mix over the rack of lamb and allow it to marinate in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour before cooking but preferably longer, if possible.
- Preheat the oven to 190oC/375oF/gas mark 5. Place the lamb into a roasting pan and roast for 12–15 minutes for medium rare. Remove the lamb from the oven and allow to rest for 15 minutes before serving.
- Serve with some Potato Rosti (see page 160) and Caramelized Apple Chutney.
Kevin says, "When cooking this recipe for rack of lamb, score the skin with the tip of a sharp knife in a lattice fashion, then rub in the marinade. Be careful not to pierce the flesh. Cover the exposed bones in foil to prevent them from discolouring during cooking."