A beautiful lamb dish from Kevin Dundon's Modern Irish Kitchen
- 1 rack of lamb (with 10–12 bones)
- for the marinade
- 2 tblsp hoisin sauce
- 2 tsp grated fresh root ginger
- 2 tsp crushed peppercorns
- 2 tsp crushed garlic
- 1 tsp sesame seeds
- 1 tsp five spice
- Place all the marinade ingredients into a food processor and blitz until the mixture has a coarse consistency. Spread the mix over the rack of lamb and allow it to marinate in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour before cooking but preferably longer, if possible.
- Preheat the oven to 190oC/375oF/gas mark 5. Place the lamb into a roasting pan and roast for 12–15 minutes for medium rare. Remove the lamb from the oven and allow to rest for 15 minutes before serving.
- Serve with some Potato Rosti (see page 160) and Caramelized Apple Chutney.
Kevin says, "When cooking this recipe for rack of lamb, score the skin with the tip of a sharp knife in a lattice fashion, then rub in the marinade. Be careful not to pierce the flesh. Cover the exposed bones in foil to prevent them from discolouring during cooking."
More by Kevin Dundon:
- Saturday Brunch: Crêpes Suzette with Strawberries
- Chocolate Chip Cookies: Just Add Milk!
- Strawberry and Banana Iced Lolly Pops