Chef Paul Flynn cooks up this delightful dish using ingredients from Lidl.
- 2 tins of Freshona sweetcorn (300g)
- 1 red onion (140g), peeled and finely diced
- 2 carrots (250g), peeled and finely diced (same size as the sweetcorn)
- 1 large knob of Dairy Manor butter (30g)
- 1 tblsp Belbake flour
- 300ml water
- 1 Cusina vegetable stock cube crumbled
- 0.5 a tub of Morning Fresh whipping cream (125mls)
- 1 tblsp heaped Kanpur Garden mango chutney
- Sweat the onion and carrot slowly in the butter for at least 10 minutes.
- Add the flour and cook gently for a further 2 minutes followed by the water - a little at a time.
- Add the stock cube followed by the corn and cream.
- Simmer for 5 minutes then add the chutney and season to taste.
- Blend together and serve with a few chopped chives on top to garnish.
- Chef’s Tip: The addition of Crabmeat into this at the end would be sensational!
More by Paul Flynn:
- Pan Fried Monkfish, Creamy Brandade: Today show
- Bacon, onion, potato and sour cream tart/pizza
- Paul Flynn's Seafood Chowder