Catherine Fulvio's delicious dish as seen on the Today Show
- 4 x 150 g sea bass fillets, skin on
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- sunflower oil
- 2 pak choi, trimmed and roughly chopped
- 1 x 2 cm piece of fresh ginger, peeled and sliced into julienne
- 8 asparagus spears, blanched and sliced lengthways
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 3 spring onions, sliced lengthways
- 1 red chilli, sliced
- 2 tblsp soy sauce
- 1 tblsp soy sauce, to drizzle on top of the fish
- 2 tblsp sesame seeds, toasted, to garnish
- Cut 3 incisions in the skin of each sea bass fillet, then season with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Heat some sunflower oil in a large frying pan over a medium heat. Add the fish, skin side down, and cook for about 4 minutes, until the skin is crisp and golden. Once crisp, carefully turn the fish over and cook for about 30 seconds. Place on a warm serving platter and cover with foil.
- Meanwhile, heat a wok with a little sunflower oil over a high heat. Add the pak choi and stir-fry for about 2 minutes, until just tender.
- Add the ginger and 2 tbsp soy sauce and stir-fry for about 1 minute. Add the asparagus and heat through.
- Add a little more oil to the pan and stir-fry the garlic, spring onions and red chilli for about 1 to 2 minutes. Check the seasoning you may need to add a little more soy sauce.
- Spoon the stir-fry onto a serving plate. Place the fish on top, drizzle the soy sauce over the fish and sprinkle with sesame seeds. Serve immediately.
Catherine says, "The chilli and ginger combination is fabulous for sea bass, but you can use any fish, such as haddock or even monkfish, if you prefer."
More by Catherine Fulvio:
- Mediterranean Monkfish with Pesto Trapanese
- Ballyknocken Daube of Wicklow Beef: Fulvio
- DIY Baked potatoes