A modern twist on the traditional potato sure to make your mouth water
- 1 kg (2lb 4oz) baby potatoes
- 4–5 garlic cloves, unpeeled
- 70 g (5 tbsp) butter
- 1 tblsp chopped rosemary
- 1 tblsp chopped flat leaf parsley
- salt and black pepper
- 30 g grated parmesan cheese (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 180oC/350oF/gas mark 4.
- Place the potatoes into a saucepan of lightly salted boiling water, add the whole garlic cloves and cook for 18–20 minutes until softened.
- Drain and place the potatoes and garlic into separate bowls.
- Gently crush the potatoes with a potato masher and set aside for a moment. Using a fork, gently mash the garlic.
- Melt the butter in a small saucepan and add the mashed garlic and herbs. Season with salt and black pepper.
- Toss the crushed potatoes into an ovenproof dish and pour the garlic-and-herb butter over the potatoes. Pop into the oven for 10–15 minutes until they are slightly crisp on top. Sprinkle with some grated cheese, if using, before serving.
Kevin says, "This recipe can be adapted to use leftover baby potatoes. Don’t over crush the potatoes – just give them a gentle pressing because you don’t want the contents to burst from the skins."
More by Kevin Dundon:
- Salmon Fillet, Chili Pesto: Today, Kevin Dundon
- Indulgent Eggnog: What it is & how to make it!
- Kevin Dundon's Christmas Turkey: Today Show