A great, and simple, alternative to chips or fries
- 5 potatoes cut into slices 2–3mm thick
- 100g duck fat
- salt and black pepper
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 tblsp chopped flat leaf parsley
- Wash the potato slices and pat them dry on kitchen paper (paper towels).
- Heat a tablespoon of duck fat in a saucepan.
- Add the potatoes and cook over a moderate heat for 15–20 minutes, stirring to brown all sides.
- Season with salt and black pepper.
- Mix the garlic and parseley in a bowl. Add this mixture to the potatoes.
- Cover the pan and cook for another 3–5 minutes and season once again, if necessary.
Kevin says, "This is a wonderful alternative to chips or fries and so much simpler to prepare. Use beef dripping or oil instead of duck fat for different flavours."
More by Kevin Dundon:
- Salmon Fillet, Chili Pesto: Today, Kevin Dundon
- Indulgent Eggnog: What it is & how to make it!
- Kevin Dundon's Christmas Turkey: Today Show