This recipe for Irish Angus Spaghetti Bolognese serves four and can be made from ingredients found in Aldi's 101 Irish stores.
- 1 tsp kilkeely gold butter
- 500 g specially selected angus steak mince
- 400 g cucina spaghetti
- 300 g chopped vegetables
- 1 sweet harvest canned chopped tomatoes
- 200 ml water
- 1 tblsp the pantry plain flour (heaped)
- 1 tblsp quixo gravy granules
- 1 tblsp stonemill oregano
- 1 tsp stonemill basil
- 0.25 tsp stonemill black pepper
- 1 tblsp solesta olive oil
- Fry the mince with a dash of olive oil to brown it off.
- Add 200ml water to the browned mince and vegetable mixture, bring to the boil and reduce heat.
- Stir in flour, gravy granules, black pepper, herbs and tinned tomatoes.
- Bring to the boil and simmer gently for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Cook the pasta according to the pack instructions and serve the bolognese sauce over the top with a sprinkling of Parmigiano Reggiano cheese (optional).
A fresh green salad topped with tomatoes and finely sliced red onion.