This is a great salad to enjoy as a breakfast dish or to savour as a nice, light dessert. It's tasty and refreshing with all the added health benefits of Chia seeds. Use the best, seasonal fruit available - from peaches, to pears and other fresh berries.
- 1 cup fresh strawberries, sliced
- 0.5 cup pineapple chunks
- 0.5 cup sliced mango
- 0.3 cup of fresh orange juice
- 1 tblsp chia bia’s ‘whole chia seeds’
- In a large bowl, combine the fruit. You can add additional seasonal fruit if you like.
- Pour the fresh orange juice over the fruit and toss to coat.
- Cover and refrigerate for 4 hours.
- Sprinkle a tablespoon of Chia seeds over the fruit, lightly toss and serve.
Chia bia was established in Tramore in 2009 by Ray Owens and Barrie Rogers. The company source their Chia seeds through Dr. Wayne Coates, the world’s leading Chia expert, who works directly with farmers in South America to supply only the highest quality seeds. Chia bia is stocked in all the major multiples in the gluten-free aisles of Dunnes Stores, Supervalu’s, Musgraves, Tesco and independent health stores across the country. Also available online at www.chiabia.com
Long lauded by health conscious celebrities, including actress Gwyneth Paltrow and supermodel Miranda Kerr, Chia seeds are an ancient superfood grown in South America. Chia seeds are a natural, gluten-free, food source containing all essential amino acids. They are the highest known plant based source of Omega 3 and are high in fibre, calcium, iron, magnesium, selenium and zinc.
Health benefits include;
- maintaining a healthy heart and digestive system
- improved memory and concentration
- balanced blood sugar levels
- relief from joint pain
- encourage weight loss
- increased energy levels.