Smooth and creamy this luscious yogurt recipe is easy and simple to prepare. Perfect for breakfast on its own or as an accompaniment to your favorite cereal other than granola. Chia bia's Berry Yogurt Parfait is a scrumptious way to way to boost both you and your children's intake of fruit, fibre and nutrients in a healthy and convenient way. This is also a tasty low-calorie option for dieters.
- 0.5 cup low-fat milk
- 0.5 cup low-fat natural yogurt
- 1 cup blueberries and mixed red berries, divided
- 0.5 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 to 2 tsp. honey to your taste
- 3 tbsp. chia bia seeds (chia & blueberry mix is perfect for this recipe!)
- 6 tbsp. granola
- Put milk, natural yoghurt, vanilla extract and honey in a blender and gently purée the ingredients together.
- Pour half the mixture into a bowl and gently whisk in Chia bia seeds.
- For tastiest results, cover both yoghurt mixtures with clingfilm and place in the fridge to chill overnight.
- Into 3 glasses, layer your Chia bia yoghurt mixture first then cover with granola.
- Pour a layer of the plain yoghurt mixture over the Chia bia yoghurt and granola layers. Finish with some blue berries and red berries on top and sprinkle a pinch of Chia seed on each parfait to finish.
- Serve and enjoy!
Chia bia was established in Tramore in 2009 by Ray Owens and Barrie Rogers. The company source their Chia seeds through Dr. Wayne Coates, the world’s leading Chia expert, who works directly with farmers in South America to supply only the highest quality seeds. Chia bia is stocked in all the major multiples in the gluten-free aisles of Dunnes Stores, Supervalu’s, Musgraves, Tesco and independent health stores across the country. Also available online at www.chiabia.com
Long lauded by health conscious celebrities, including actress Gwyneth Paltrow and supermodel Miranda Kerr, Chia seeds are an ancient superfood grown in South America. Chia seeds are a natural, gluten-free, food source containing all essential amino acids. They are the highest known plant based source of Omega 3 and are high in fibre, calcium, iron, magnesium, selenium and zinc.
Health benefits include;
- maintaining a healthy heart and digestive system
- improved memory and concentration
- balanced blood sugar levels
- relief from joint pain
- encourage weight loss
- increased energy levels.