Oatmeal and Chia are a great natural pairing, creating a nourishing, wholesome breakfast that benefits the heart while helping dieters lose weight.
- 200 g rolled oats
- 750 ml milk, soya milk or water
- a dash of salt
- 1 tblsp chia bia’s ‘whole chia seeds’
- Place the oats and the milk or water in a pan with a small pinch of salt and put it on a medium heat.
- Bring to a steady simmer, stirring frequently until you have a smooth creamy porridge.
- To add extra flavour to your porridge, add a tablespoon of honey or a handful of fresh or dried fruit about two minutes before removing the porridge from the heat.
- bWhen ready, serve with a sprinkle of Chia Bia’s ‘Whole Chia Seed’.
Chia bia was established in Tramore in 2009 by Ray Owens and Barrie Rogers. The company source their Chia seeds through Dr. Wayne Coates, the world’s leading Chia expert, who works directly with farmers in South America to supply only the highest quality seeds. Chia bia is stocked in all the major multiples in the gluten-free aisles of Dunnes Stores, Supervalu’s, Musgraves, Tesco and independent health stores across the country. Also available online at www.chiabia.com
Long lauded by health conscious celebrities, including actress Gwyneth Paltrow and supermodel Miranda Kerr, Chia seeds are an ancient superfood grown in South America. Chia seeds are a natural, gluten-free, food source containing all essential amino acids. They are the highest known plant based source of Omega 3 and are high in fibre, calcium, iron, magnesium, selenium and zinc.
Health benefits include;
- maintaining a healthy heart and digestive system
- improved memory and concentration
- balanced blood sugar levels
- relief from joint pain
- encourage weight loss
- increased energy levels.