This tasty salad can be enjoyed as a meal in itself or as a classic side dish - fresh, cleansing and satisfying. This version is made heartier and healthier with the addition of Chia seeds.
- mixed leaves
- cherry tomatoes
- sliced red onion
- crumbled feta cheese
- handful almonds
- 1 tblsp chia bia’s ‘whole chia seeds’
- Add the mixed leaves with roughly chopped tomatoes, sliced red onion and toss together in a bowl
- Add crumbled feta cheese with a handful of almonds and toss gently
- Sprinkle a tablespoon of Chia seeds over the salad and serve.
Chia bia was established in Tramore in 2009 by Ray Owens and Barrie Rogers. The company source their Chia seeds through Dr. Wayne Coates, the world’s leading Chia expert, who works directly with farmers in South America to supply only the highest quality seeds. Chia bia is stocked in all the major multiples in the gluten-free aisles of Dunnes Stores, Supervalu’s, Musgraves, Tesco and independent health stores across the country. Also available online at www.chiabia.com
Long lauded by health conscious celebrities, including actress Gwyneth Paltrow and supermodel Miranda Kerr, Chia seeds are an ancient superfood grown in South America. Chia seeds are a natural, gluten-free, food source containing all essential amino acids. They are the highest known plant based source of Omega 3 and are high in fibre, calcium, iron, magnesium, selenium and zinc.
Health benefits include;
- maintaining a healthy heart and digestive system
- improved memory and concentration
- balanced blood sugar levels
- relief from joint pain
- encourage weight loss
- increased energy levels.