Recreate this delicious dish by following Kevin Dundon's step by step recipe
- 3 tblsp plain (all-purpose) flour
- 4 trout fillets, about 225g (8oz) each, cleaned, gutted and skinned
- 12 slices of smoked streaky (fatty) bacon
- salt and black pepper
- 2 tblsp oil
- 150 g (1 stick) butter
- 4 tblsp flaked (slivered) almonds (optional)
- 2 tblsp roughly chopped tarragon
- juice of 1 lemon
- Lightly flour the trout and wrap each in 3 slices of streaky bacon, then season with salt and black pepper.
- Drizzle the oil in a frying pan on a moderate to high heat. Place the trout on the pan and caramelize the bacon for 2 minutes on each side, then reduce the heat.
- Add 100g (1 stick) of the butter and leave the trout to cook on a low heat with the butter foaming for about 5 minutes on each side.
- Transfer the fish to a warmed plate, and pat dry to remove the excess of butter.
- Add the remaining butter to the pan and allow it to foam, then add the almonds, if liked, and coat in the butter. Sprinkle with some tarragon and deglaze the pan with the lemon juice. Spoon the flavoured almonds over the trout and serve immediately.
More by Kevin Dundon:
- Indulgent Chocolate Fondants: Kevin Dundon, Today
- Roasted Lamb Noisette, warmed tomato, pale ale
- Salmon Fillet, Chili Pesto: Today, Kevin Dundon