Kevin Dundon shows you how to make a perfect garlic pesto to accompany an array of dishes
- 300 g (10.oz) wild garlic (about 1 large handful of cloves)
- 15 g parmesan cheese, grated
- juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tsp coriander seeds, crushed
- 250 ml (9fl oz) olive oil
- salt and black pepper
- Put all the ingredients into a food processor or puree with a handheld blender until the mixture is smooth.
- The pesto will keep in the refrigerator for up to 3 weeks. Although it will darken slightly in colour over time, it will still be delicious – the flavours will just be more mature.
Kevin says, "Wild garlic is a forager’s delight, found in woodlands from early spring to the end of May. Try using coriander (cilantro) as an alternative to the wild garlic, if you find it hard to locate."
Makes 500ml / 2 cups of pesto.
More by Kevin Dundon:
- Saturday Brunch: Crêpes Suzette with Strawberries
- Chocolate Chip Cookies: Just Add Milk!
- Strawberry and Banana Iced Lolly Pops