This recipe for Irish Pork Steak with Orange, Walnut and Rocket Salad serves 2-3 people and can be made from ingredients found in Aldi's 101 Irish stores.
- for the pork
- 500 g irish pork steak (trimmed)
- bramwells dijon mustard
- stonewall salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tsp solesta vegetable oil
- 1 tsp the pantry brown sugar
- zest of 2 oranges
- for the salad
- 2 oranges, segmented
- 1 red onion, finely sliced
- 2 tblsp asia specialties dark soy sauce
- 3 tblsp solesta sunflower or vegetable oil
- tsp clonbawn crème fraiche
- 1 bag country fresh rocket
- for the walnuts
- 75 g the pantry walnuts
- 50 g the pantry caster sugar
- 2 tblsp water
- For the Pork
- Trim off any fat from the steak, rub the Dijon mustard all over and season with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- On a roasting tray sprinkle the orange zest in a line the length of the pork steak and place the steak on top so the zest sticks to the bottom.
- Drizzle the meat with a little oil and roast in a pre-heated oven at 220°C for 12 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and lay a line of brown sugar along the steak. Don’t worry if some spills onto the roasting tray.
- Perfect with Tierra Del Sol Reserva Sauvignon Blanc The citrus notes enhance the orange salad and the vivid acidity of the wine carries the weight of the soy and crème fraiche salad dressing. Return to the oven for a further 20 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and leave to rest for about 7 minutes before carving and serve with the salad. Pop a dollop of crème fraiche on top of the meat and serve with warm bread.
- For the Walnuts
- Bring the sugar and water to boil in a saucepan and wait for it to turn light brown in colour, about 7-9 minutes. Remove from the heat and add the walnuts, stirring to coat the walnuts in caramel and turn them out on to a plate to cool (10 minutes).
- For the Salad
- Add the rocket leaves, orange segments and juice and red onion to a bowl. Add the walnuts, soy sauce and sunflower oil. Toss ingredients gently to combine and serve.
Tierra Del Sol Reserva Sauvignon Blanc
The citrus notes enhance the orange salad and the vivid acidity of the wine carries the weight of the soy and crème fraiche salad dressing.