This is a beautiful combination of sweet, savoury and crunchy salad that was inspired by the famous Waldorf Astoria Hotel in New York.
- 100 g (1 cup) dry-roasted walnuts
- 2 green apples, peeled, cored and cut into matchsticks
- 1 head of celeriac, peeled and cut into matchsticks
- 2 celery sticks, cut into matchsticks
- For the dressing:
- 4 tblsp creme fraiche
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- 4 tblsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tblsp lemon juice
- salt and black pepper
- Whisk together the dressing ingredients in a large bowl until combined.
- Just before serving, add the salad ingredients and gently stir to coat.
More by Kevin Dundon:
- Fiery Fajitas with Salsa: Kevin Dundon
- Indulgent Chocolate Fondants: Kevin Dundon, Today
- Roasted Lamb Noisette, warmed tomato, pale ale