- 4 chicken breasts, thinly sliced
- 2 tblsp olive oil
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 400 g fresh vegetables, thinly sliced, e.g. peppers, mange-tout, celery, mushrooms.
- 2 tblsp soy sauce
- 4cm piece of fresh ginger, peeled and chopped
- a few drops of sesame oil
- a little salt and freshly-ground black pepper
- handful of fresh coriander, chopped
- Heat a wok or large frying pan until really hot, add a tablespoon of oil and stir-fry the chicken for 4-5 minutes until golden. When cooked remove to a plate.
- Re-heat the wok or pan and add the remaining oil. Add in the garlic, vegetables and ginger and stir-fry for a couple of minutes until they just begin to soften.
- Add back in the chicken, the soy sauce, a splash of water, sesame oil and a few twists of black pepper. Continue to stir fry for a couple of minutes. Taste for seasoning. You may need to add a little salt.
- Sprinkle over the coriander and serve with noodles or rice.